See the Posting below:
Position Description: Audubon International seeks a highly-qualified and enthusiastic individual to serve as its Program Specialist. The incumbent will report directly to the Director of Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Programs and other Audubon International staff to process, assess, manage, and track certification activities for membership businesses in AI’s award winning natural resource management and sustainability programs.
Organization Overview: Audubon International is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to delivering high-quality environmental education and using incentive-based approaches to implement sustainable natural resource management in several specific business and public sectors, including recreation facilities, landscaped green spaces, and small private communities and public municipalities.
Audubon International presently has eight staff members and is headquartered in Troy, New York. The organization, which has been in existence for over 25 years, works with a wide range of interested partners, including golf courses, developers, small businesses, environmental not-for-profits, community associations, local governments, and state and federal agencies. Through education, technical assistance, certification, and recognition, Audubon International facilitates the implementation of natural resource management practices that ensure land, water, wildlife, and other natural resources are sustainably used and conserved. Utilizing a set of award-winning environmental education and certification programs, Audubon International is able to positively impact environmental health at multiple geographic scales, including individual properties, communities, and ecoregions.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program (ACSP)
· Receive and manage incoming AI Member documents from direct mail and email submissions; log all Member progress information into AI’s Member Database.
· Under the guidance of the Program Director, assess all ACSP certification and re-certification paperwork and other materials from AI Members. Match submissions against AI Program Standards and respond to AI Members with appropriate feedback, recognition, progress reports, and education materials, as appropriate.
· In collaboration with other Program staff, provide needed administrative and technical support to AI Members as needed.
· Coordinate with appropriate AI staff to ensure that information maintained in the organization’s web-based member database is up-to-date and accurate.
· Assist program and marketing staff in communications and promotional efforts for all of AI’s education and certification programs.
· Occasionally represent AI at meetings, conferences, and educational venues to promote AI’s mission and programs, and assist with member recruitment and partner relationships as needed.
· A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of study (i.e., environmental studies, sustainable resource management, etc.) and at least one year of related professional experience.
· Excellent attention to detail; ability to accurately and systematically assess completeness and rigor of AI Member submissions; match submitted data to AI standards; identify gaps in submissions.
· Excellent writing and oral communication skills, including ability to write clearly about scientific concepts;
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills and experience working with diverse constituencies and membership demographics.
· Ability to excel both by working independently and as part of a collaborative team.
· Experience and comfort with public speaking.
· Working knowledge of IT systems (or ability to quickly gain such knowledge)
· Computer proficiency (i.e., Microsoft Office suite, database management, internet-based research, professional applications of social media, etc.)
Compensation: This is a full-time, permanent position, located in Troy, NY. Incumbent will be required to work at Troy Headquarters. Salary range: $30,000-$35,000, dependent on qualifications. Audubon International offers a mission-driven work environment that promotes continued employee growth and development. The organization offers its employees a strong compensation package, including competitive salary, health benefits, retirement benefits, and vacation. Diversity is highly valued.
Deadline for Application: Open until filled.
How to Apply:
Submitted applications will be reviewed upon receipt and must include the following:
· Cover letter summarizing the candidate’s qualifications for the position, including a description of how prior educational training, experience and skills prepare the candidate to fulfill the job responsibilities detailed above.
· Curriculum vitae or resume.
· Contact information (name, job title, phone and email) for three professional references
· Application materials should be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and your name in the subject line (i.e., Program Specialist – Jane Smith).
Audubon International is an equal opportunity employer committed to practices that ensure employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.