Benefits of Membership
Owners and managers of hotels, motels, inns, B&Bs, resorts, and accommodation facilities of all kinds
can see a host of benefits from participating in the Green Lodging Program, such as:
- Third-party, credible verification by a non-profit environmental group.
- Public recognition and marketing benefits as an environmental leader.
- Easy identification as a ‘green hotel’ for millions of ‘green’ travelers.
- Structure, information, tools, and advice to reduce operating costs.
- Enhanced staff job satisfaction through their involvement.
Audubon International has joined forces with Clean the World to help Green Lodging members increase their environmental efforts and save lives in the process. Clean the World is a non-profit organization collecting used soap from hospitality partners, sanitizing and recycling it, and distributing it to homeless shelters in North America and to communities in developing countries. Every day, thousands of children around the world die from diseases that could have easily been prevented with access to soap. Be part of the solution.
Audubon International Certified Green Lodging Properties are listed on the website Bookdifferent.com. The aim of the not-for-profit hotel site is to make booking "green" hotels easy for eco-conscious travelers. Visitors to the site can find our certified members through a general search of hotels with eco-labels or by specifically searching for Audubon International Certified Green Lodging Properties. The website also donates half of its earning of every booking to a charity of the choice of the booker. Please note that in order to appear on Bookdifferent.com, a hotel must have a subscription to Booking.com.